Sunday, May 20, 2007

Still a Girl ...

We had another sonogram a couple of days ago and we still have a girl. Ashlyn wants a sister so bad my biggest fear is that it will end up being a boy somehow. We wouldn't mind at all but I know Ashy would be crushed. Anyway, the sonogram technician again said it was most definitely a girl.

Thank you guys for all your prayers about the pregnancy. As some may know, during the last sonogram I had a condition called placenta praevia which, long story short, if not gone at the time of birth, would necessitate a c-section, the exact opposite of what we were going for this time around. Dr. Diaz did not seem worried about it and said 85% of the time it will "grow" away. Thankfully this was the case with me :) No more placenta praevia and all other measurements looked great. The sono tech said they estimated the baby weighs about 1 lb. 14 oz. right now. I think that is so neat! Hard to imagine such a little squirt can kick so hard and so much :) We got to see the baby actually turning and moving and kicking around. Ashy was tickled by that. I have never actually seen the baby move around like that before. Both Ashy and Noah were pretty calm during their sonograms.

Speaking of Ashy and Noah, they were angels for me during the sono and following appointment. After my doctor appointments, during which lollipops are doled out generously (full mouths are quiet mouths), we take a walk over to the sky bridge. Noah thoroughly enjoys watching all the cars "mung-mungs" drive under us. This is the highlight of a doctor visit for them :) Then we head over the newborn nursery to check out any new little babies that might be there. This time was pretty uneventful (only 3 cute little babies) but last time Noah tripped over the steps trying to see, fell and busted his lip screaming and bleeding all over me. Needless to say we had to high-tail it out of there pretty quickly then :) I am hoping by going over there we will get Noah used to the idea of having a new baby around. Being only 2, I have no idea how he is going to react to a baby around stealing his mommy. He likes to pat on my belly now. I will tell him, "there is a baby in there, say hello baby." Sometimes he will say hello baby but other times he will just look at me like I am totally nuts and say, "No Mommy, belly, no baby." We'll see how he does but for now, we have 3 long hot summer months to go ...

No comments: