Saturday, May 12, 2007

Finally Done!

So, we are finally finished turning over our rental house in Plano, Yay! Hence the delay in any posts :) For those of you who don't know, instead of selling our previous home we decided to keep it and rent it out. We figured it would be better to lose money and build equity than to just lose money. So far it has been, all things considered, a good decision that has been relatively hassle-free. Unless you are trying to turn things over dragging along 2 kiddos, while 6 months pregnant and it is raining outside with 100% humidity for about a week! Needless to say I am very tired (I logged over 50 hours over there when all is said and done) and glad that I will not be seeing the house again for at least a year :) Some of the fun and unforgettable highlights include:
  • A leaky dishwasher that had not been reported to us for over 2 months resulting in an insurance claim, rotted floors and cabinets, and lots of hard work to fix
  • Repainting more than half the house with "help" from Ashy who had paint in her hair until yesterday
  • Tornadoes and Thunderstorms that resulted in a loss of electricity the night we were supposed to be painting (it is very hard to paint with no light and the kids running around screaming because they are afraid of the dark!)
  • An empty house that echoes every scream and whine of 2 children :)
Luckily we were blessed with only a week vacancy and had a good tenant who was ready to move in right away. It was actually nice to be in a time crunch and not have to worry about showing the house at the same time. Although, I will say I never thought I would miss cooking meals at home. Eating every meal out and on the go for a week really makes me appreciate my kitchen a bit more :) We celebrated last night with a yummy seafood dinner (our last meal out for a while I hope). Tonight I finally cooked a quick meal at home. I never thought hot dogs on the grill in the backyard could be so good! Oh, and most important, we celebrated by sleeping in (except poor Jace). The kids even slept in until 11! It was great :)

I'll end with a picture of Ashlyn "helping" me. She was a painting fashionista :)


No comments: