Sunday, August 26, 2007

Gone Fishing!

Last weekend we decided to get out of the house for a change. It was a nice somewhat cool, cloudy day and we went to have a picnic in a neat little area Jace discovered off of Lake Ray Hubbard. Jace has been wanting to take the kids fishing for a while and Ashlyn has been asking about fishing a lot. She goes around saying, "When is Daddy ever gonna take me fishing?" As if she has such a deprived life :) So, we packed some hot dogs and fishing poles and headed out.

The kids really enjoyed their first fishing experience. They did not catch a single fish but they did catch a lot of "sea weed" which they thought was great. I guess the fish just weren't into the hot dog bait :) The picture is of Noah holding up his "Sea Weed" which he was very proud of. He came running over to me saying, "Wook, Wook Mama. Catch it Sea Weed!". They talk about fishing now and how much fun they had. If you ask Noah how he liked fishing he says, "Thata fun! ... Take it fishing again!"


Baby Update:

Apparently baby is quite comfortable and in no hurry to get out. My due date is on Tuesday 8/28. I wanted to wait and do the spontaneous thing but I am so very tired and feel like I cannot go much past the due date. I have had so many contractions and nothing has come of it so far. So, we scheduled for an induction on Friday 8/31. Misses Files will be here hopefully by the afternoon on Friday whether she likes it or not! Please keep us in prayer ...

No comments: